Sunday 18 February 2018

my life B.C.. i.e. before cancer ....COURAGE &. CREATIVE LIVING WITH CANCER is my LIFE

O f course like so many others i was hoping my elder years would be spent in a reasonably healthy manner creating my legacy ..... so to speak i.e. doing creative work for the love of creative art.

Well the best laid plans of 'mice and men' as that adage goes- cancer has taken over a major portion of my life as i find it more and more difficult to make movies .... most are on standby.

Instead i've returned to my writing and my photography creating Marveous Realism with my partner H.L. - a series of very unique art  works are made where both hi tech and tradional methods are used to  give the viewer an outstanding way of seeing the worl around us.

Of course my spinal cancer and lower back cancer isn't making things easier.

I no longer can hold my larger camera outstreched to get a shot so i've purchased smaller ones that allow me to continue shooting but slower and less often than when i was healthy i.e. B.C.

Depression is a hard journey and one must work hard not to fall into that terrible state - i keep exercising and healthy living and resting as my daily life. As most know, exerecise is vital to a helathymind . Combined with the creative life one can life as successfully as possilbe - stress is a killer.

People often tell me how good i look for someone that has had 4 major surgeries,  can hardly turn my neck from the two neck surgeries, my shoulders are seperated and require replaement surgery , I've had so much radiation that i can no longer tolerate it and now am on chemo.... my future looks bleak given all that but i do't see it that way - creative work and a positive attitude, exercise, rest all have contributed to help me still see the world as a positive place that i want to contribute to and live in.

I welcome each morning regardless of my pain or soreness or my diminishing energy. That i can rest well and face my illness with courage and live as fully as i can .. is my gift or so a nurse told me.




IMAGE ARTICLE by : Peter Evanchuck

No comments:

Post a Comment