Saturday 18 January 2014

Peter Evanchuck's year that was ... tough - first time in an ambulance as kidney stones doubled me up UGH but life goes on and that's good

Yes it was not a fun year .. well not all of it some of it was did a lotta kayaking, movie-makihng, book-making, biking, hiking and then was hit with incredible stomach pain so severe had to call the ambulance to take me to hospital ( i live with cancer so hat's always a concern when such pain occurs since i'm hoping it's not some outbreak again and more chest splitting surgery required ) - my new life style excludes a lotta the night life fun i used to have until the cancer hit me. Unlike many of my comrades, amigos, colleagues and friends who died, i managed to survive to become an elder. An elder a everyone knows, has a life of moan&groan and 'freedom55' isn't any freedom for most. But that all said i enjoy life and have no interest to not enjoy it so i turned my energy, talent and moola into making creative work thus along came bookshandmade.com and movieshandmade.com and GOOP gallery. With my partner HELENE we have fun making art and making all sorts of creative things .. and thus a happy new beginning to a life lived hard and rough and now lived more thoughful, contemplative and productive... and that's good...

No comments:

Post a Comment